Equine Passport & Vaccination Rules
The Pony Club Equine Influenza VACCINATION RULE 2023
To protect the health of all horses and ponies and the biosecurity of the venue, the following rules will apply to all Pony Club activities. Events that are held at some venues may be subject to additional rules. e.g. any horse/pony entering a licensed racecourse property must comply with the vaccination requirements as set by the British Horseracing Authority.
A valid passport and vaccination record:
• must accompany the horse / pony to all events
• must be available for inspection by the event officials
• must be produced on request at any other time during the event
2. No horse / pony may should attend an activity, compete or be present at the event as a companion
unless it has a Record of Vaccination against equine influenza completed by the veterinary surgeon
who gave the vaccination, signed and stamped line by line, which complies with the Minimum
Vaccination Requirements set out in the Equine Influenza Vaccination Schedule below
3. Equine Influenza Vaccination Schedule:
• An initial primary course of two vaccinations must be given: the second vaccination must be
administered within 21-92 days of the first vaccination.
• Horses may attend events 7 days after receiving the second vaccination of the primary course. (for
clarity: no horse or pony may compete on the same day as a relevant injection is given or on any of
the 6 days following such an injection)
• The first booster must be administered within 7 calendar months following the date of the
administration of the second vaccination of the primary course.
• Booster vaccinations must be administered at a maximum of 12 months intervals.